- Lock down the floorboards securely back onto the joists.
- Reduce squeaking floorboards.
- Recess the nails to avoid damage to sandpaper.
- Allow enough depth to hold the filler.
Floor Sander Technique
We start the first cut at 45 degrees with very course sandpaper. Then back with the grain. Now you have a dead flat foundation to work with. This action removes:
- Previous sanding defects left in the floor.
- Lips at the board edges.
- Concave or convex shape to the floorboard surface.
Why this floor looked uneven after 'ONLY' 6 months
This is a classic example of not punching the nails. This homeowner contacted us to help them after another flooring company previously sanded these floors.